A pest control company with a short-staffed call center struggled to handle high call volumes as prospective customers reached out in response to a limited-time offer of free inspections. Callers spent 20 or more minutes on hold as overwhelmed agents scrambled to address all the inquiries, driving up call abandonment rates.
The company turned to one of our partners, a leading contact center automation provider, for assistance. The client was drawn to our partner’s conversational AI technology, which can listen and respond like an actual human being across all channels. The technology allowed new customers to schedule appointments for inspections without having to wait on hold. Our partner’s software also automated call routing, authentication, and account management.
With our partner’s software automating millions of calls, the pest control company enjoyed higher resolution rates and more manageable workloads for agents, who can now focus on more engaging tasks while the AI handles routine scheduling.
That case study is just one example of how artificial intelligence is transforming call center operations for many businesses, taking on mundane obligations and enhancing the customer experience (CX) as well as the agent or employee experience (EX).
Contact center AI solutions are revolutionizing customer service across all industries. Here are some notable statistics illustrating that trend.
- Conversational AI deployments in contact centers will lower agent labor costs by $80 billion by 2026 (Source: Gartner).
- 10 percent of agent interactions are expected to be automated by 2026, up from an estimated 1.6 percent of interactions automated by AI in 2022 (Source: Gartner).
- Nearly 60 percent of customer service professionals say AI has saved them time (Source: Dialpad).
- 69 percent of managers or higher-ranking leaders at organizations blending AI with human agents say the approach has been very or extremely effective at improving agent satisfaction (Source: Forrester via Genesys).
- Contact centers utilizing AI for customer service can tackle more than twice as many calls as centers that don’t use AI (Source: Dialpad).
- 66 percent of managers or higher-ranking leaders at organizations blending AI with human agents say the approach has been very or extremely effective at improving agent productivity by automating routine tasks (Source: Forrester).
- 83 percent of customer service reps believe they can help more people with AI (Source: Dialpad).
- 61 percent of managers or higher-ranking leaders at organizations blending AI with human agents say the approach has been very or extremely effective at increasing customer satisfaction by delivering personalized experiences (Source: Forrester).
- Almost 50 percent of customer service professionals report AI makes their jobs easier (Source: Dialpad).
- 59 percent of managers or higher-ranking leaders at organizations blending AI with human agents say the approach has been very or extremely effective at boosting customer retention and lifetime value (Source: Forrester).
If you’d like to explore AI solutions for your call center, our technology consultants can leverage detailed comparison matrices, our partner network of best-in-class suppliers, and our 20+ years in the tech world to rapidly identify solutions that align with your needs and goals. Don’t spend dozens of hours navigating the contact center AI marketplace on your own when we can tackle the homework for you.
Call 877-599-3999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with our consultants and transform with confidence.