Bromium specializes in developing application isolation solutions that help prevent attacks caused by ransomware and/or malware. Through innovative and effective application solutions from Bromium, businesses can eliminate the need for restrictive IT policies. Micro-VMs isolate and contain threats - preventing further damage to endpoints or business networks.Virtualization-based security solutions can:
- Contain any malware by isolating Outlook and webmail attachments in a secure micro-VM.
- Protect the host as well as online and offline users by isolating malware.
- Isolate and contain previously unknown threats.
- Bromium can open email attachments in an isolated micro-VM. That way, Malware can launch and run but it never runs on your business's endpoint or network. Malware is secured and contained in the micro-VM and disposed of once the user closes the email attachment.
- Restrictive IT security policies that limit access to email attachments can be eliminated completely - reducing costs and streamlining IT security.
- Protects against common email attachment attack vectors such as:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Third-party email clients
- Webmail sites
- Phishing tricks users into installing C2 and keylogging software to capture and steal credentials that are used to authenticate and exfiltrate organizational data. Bromium uses virtualization-based security to protect by opening every shared link in a protected, isolated micro-VM browser tab.
- Phishing Links can take on a variety of forms:
- Spear phishing
- Scams that target individuals by including their names, roles, or work processes.
- Often written as legal notices, customer complaints, or executive issues - targeted at company officers.
- Social engineering
- Designed to look like it's from a helpful source that you can trust.
- Inadvertent infection
- Sharing news or social media links that have been compromised.
- Spear phishing
Malicious Documents and File Downloads
- Viruses and malware can be distributed through a variety of channels such as URLs and documents. Bromium solutions give your business peace of mind by securely opening any downloaded document or executable file (HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, etc.) and isolating it in a secure micro-VM.
- Malware distribution comes in many forms:
- Deliberate downloads
- User opens a document or executable file download while browsing the web.
- Fake executable updates
- User is tricked into downloading a malicious file while surfing the web.
- Links to documents
- User gets a document link in an email or chat that prompts for a download of a malicious document.
- URL redirects
- Initial link redirects the user to a different URL that prompts a file download.
- Bad DNS
- A user might download a malicious file if the DNS lookup record is compromised.
- Bogus drivers and utilities
- User gets directed to an "unofficial" download site and inadvertently installs malware.
- Deliberate downloads
- Watering-hole attacks
- An attacker infects a commonly-used website and replaces or redirects file downloads.
- Bromium solutions allows businesses to enable remote and traveling employees with safe access to unprotected networks.
- Using virtualization-based security, captive portals open in an isolated micro-VM in Bromium Secure Browser.
- Users are vulnerable before connecting to a VPN:
- Legitimate portal owners can intercept or alter data.
- Portal owners can force you to download/run/view malicious files
- Portal can force you to accept cookies and disable HTTPS
- A VPN doesn't provide the protection your business needs from malware. With Bromium solutions, your business can protect files downloaded and open any content downloaded from websites that are accessed on guest networks and captive portals.
- Despite many of today's websites being encrypted, malware always finds a way to outsmart encryption and infiltrate your business's network.
- Websites can escape categorization in several ways:
- Rapid auto-proliferation of new sites using algorithms
- Fast-flux DNS changes, site redirects, etc.
- Insufficient site reputation or history ratings
- Not enough site content for auto-categorization
- File downloads are obscured by SSL/TLS encryption
- Dark-web sites are modified to avoid web-crawling spiders or bots.
- Bromium application isolation opens each user process from an external source in an isolated and secure micro-VM container specific to that process as well as preventing attacks that target end-user applications such as Microsoft Office or Chrome.
- Bromium defense-grade security features include:
- Malicious email attachment protection
- Malicious phishing link protection
- Malicious web download protection
- Identity protection
- Safe access on unprotected networks
- Uncategorized website protection
- USB portable media file protection
The technology behind Bromium solutions:
- Bromium Secure Platform
- An endpoint security solution that delivers business protection against attacks with minimal impact on the user experience.
- Virtualization-Based Security
- Bromium micro-virtualization technology uses a Xen-based security-focused Hypervisor (Bromium Microvisor) to isolate and stop attacks in real time - protecting your organization from threats and dangerous viruses that could compromise your business's data and reputation amongst your consumers or business partners.
- Bromium Protected App
- Critical applications can be protected your data from malware and from compromised devices through the Bromium Protected App. Application teams can secure the applications that host sensitive data, ensure that compliance and business security policies are enforced, and protect your business's IP while maximizing convenience, accessibility and productivity for the end-users.
Why you should turn to a managed service provider?
A managed service provider like Stratosphere Networks that partners with major ISPs can give you an unbiased opinion on your options. Additionally, if you go through an MSP for Internet services rather than working directly with the carrier, you can gain access to a higher level of customer support and rely on a single vendor for all your Internet account management needs, even if you have multiple locations that use different carriers. If you'd like to learn more about Bromium, don't hesitate to contact our expert team today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.