As cloud-based solutions and services have become more popular, many businesses looking to boost efficiency and gain a competitive edge have turned to a particular type of Software as a Service (SaaS) offering: Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). This kind of cloud communication solution gives users the ability to collaborate across different modes like IM, email, SMS, videoconferencing, voice, and more.
As the world becomes more mobile and an increasing number of workers do their jobs remotely, optimizing communications and making it easy to keep track of conversations using various devices and channels carries significant value for employees, managers and business owners.
A high quality UCaaS platform – also known as a cloud phone system – can offer your organization a range of benefits, including the following.
- Stay in touch from anywhere at any time. A UCaaS platform can keep employees connected to their colleagues and clients even when they're away from their desks. For example, these cloud-based solutions can link instant messaging to users' cell phones and email accounts so they can receive notifications about missed messages. UCaaS web and videoconferencing features also make it possible to carry out meetings without having to gather everyone at the same physical location.
- Improve mobile communication. Along with the rise of the Internet of Things (IoT), the number of mobile devices connected to the web is increasing. In addition to implementing a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy, leveraging a UCaaS platform is one of the best ways businesses can embrace an increasingly mobile workforce. Connecting employees' smartphones to their desk phones makes them reachable via a single business number and allows them to communicate with clients and coworkers more efficiently.
- Enhance collaboration capabilities. UCaaS solutions can revolutionize the way your team tackles projects by providing employees with more options for interaction. While working on a task, team members can IM and decide to switch to a voice call from within the chat client. Or they can decide to share their screens or hold a videoconference to make collaboration easier.
- Integrate applications. Overall, UCaaS makes it simpler to change modes of communication and reach out to colleagues and clients from within business applications. For example, a platform can let you initiate a web conference or voice call directly using instant messaging, which saves you the time of having to switch to a different application to connect using another method.
- Boost productivity and profits. Making it easier for employees to collaborate and communicate with each other as well as with clients by implementing a UCaaS solution will allow everyone to accomplish more in less time. This increase in efficiency and productivity can help you accomplish your business goals and add to your bottom line.
Overall, a reliable cloud-based communications solution is crucial for any business looking to successfully compete and thrive in today's world. However, it's important to find a product that meets your organization's unique needs. Our team of senior trusted advisors has experience working with solutions from various UCaaS platform suppliers in our extensive partner network and can offer an objective, side-by-side comparison of your options.