The client is a B2B marketing agency located in the suburbs of Chicago with approximately 125 employees.
When they first started working with us in 2015, the client was intent on keeping their on-premises phone system and hesitant to migrate to the cloud. However, they were spending a significant amount on dial tone and usage, and their phone system was several releases behind and in need of an expensive upgrade. Those financial factors and the need for more robust remote work capabilities in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic ultimately led them to reconsider cloud adoption.
Stratosphere Networks Solution
First, our trusted advisors conducted an interactive assessment to evaluate the client's existing network and IT environment as well as identify the features and functionality they wanted from a Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platform. Based on that information, our cloud experts were able to narrow down our extensive portfolio to three potential suppliers.
Next, we arranged for demos of those three platforms for our client, in addition to obtaining pricing information and proof of concepts. The agency got live test licenses from all of the suppliers to try out in their environment. Ultimately, they selected RingCentral as the UCaaS platform best suited for their company.
After the client made their choice, our team negotiated the terms of the contract on their behalf before finalizing the agreement with the supplier.
Working with our advisors had considerable advantages for the client, including the following:
- Access to the latest market research data
- Objective and consultative analysis from our advisors considering a wide range of options, as opposed to biased direct sales pitches from reps focused on one brand
Insights from the Pathfinder tool, which is built on Salesforce and leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive informed IT decision-making with the following features:
Interactive quick assessments to evaluate solutions based on the client's needs
Dynamic comparison matrices including vital factors such as security, compliance and market share
Supplier battlecards that include not only strengths but also weaknesses/case studies/video briefings/white papers
Data center locator with virtual tours/real-time fiber locator
- Access to our home-grown ROI tools, which quickly determine the total cost of ownership and (in most instances) potential savings from the client's current total spend
- Connections to channel-only solutions from suppliers that the client couldn't have engaged with on their own due to the lack of direct sales teams
- Countless hours saved, as it would have taken the client weeks to assemble all of the data that our advisors produced in mere minutes with our advanced tools
- Access to our state-of-the-art demo lab in downtown Chicago.
- ZERO fees for all of the above. We don't charge for any of these advisory services, and supplier pricing is guaranteed to match or beat pricing from the supplier's direct sales rep.
For more information about our trusted advisor services, watch this brief video.
By working with our trusted advisors instead of searching for a UCaaS solution, arranging demos and negotiating the contract on their own, the client saved a considerable amount of time and money, in addition to leveraging our cloud consultants' experience and expertise.
With their UCaaS platform in place, the company now enjoys the following advantages:
- Lower costs (no more on-prem phone system maintenance, upgrades and so on)
- Clear, crisp audio and video quality via RingCentral's audio, video and web conferencing features
- Softphone capabilities that allow staff members to make and take calls from their desktops and laptops with headsets
- Role-based access control for optimal security
- Increased accessibility and flexibility
- Enhanced remote work capabilities
The client is now positioned for success in the digital work-from-anywhere era with a UCaaS platform selected with their needs in mind.