High-speed internet has become a necessity for businesses in the digital age, especially for organizations that rely increasingly on cloud solutions and leverage the Internet of Things (IoT). If you're looking for the best internet connection possible to keep your business productive, fiber optic internet is currently the fastest type of broadband solution available, outpacing traditional copper-based connections like cable and DSL.
If you're considering fiber internet services for your business, here's what you should know about this advanced technology and how to determine whether it fits your organization's specific situation and requirements.
What Fiber is and How it Works
Fiber internet networks transmit data by sending light through cables full of glass fibers. By contrast, DSL and cable pass data along in the form of frequency vibrations moving through copper wires. Because light travels faster than those vibrations, fiber is the fastest internet technology available.
Pros and Cons of Fiber Internet
Like most tech solutions, fiber internet services have advantages and disadvantages for your business that you should be sure to consider before making a decision. Here's a quick rundown.
Fiber Internet Advantages
- High speed, which can especially benefit organizations that use cloud-based services and real-time applications like Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS), videoconferencing, and so on.
- Increased scalability compared to traditional solutions.
- More bandwidth to accommodate mobile devices, remote workers, IoT devices and other new technologies.
Fiber Internet Disadvantages
- Relatively high one-time build out costs if your building or area doesn't already have fiber optic cable
- Potentially higher monthly costs than broadband services
Could Your Business Benefit from Fiber Optic Internet?
To determine if fiber internet services are the right choice for your business, you'll want to consider various aspects of your internet service requirements. The following questions should help you get a good idea of whether your company could benefit from fiber:
- What's your budget?
- Where are you located? Are you considering expansion to remote sites in the future?
- What's your projected growth during the next three to five years?
- How much bandwidth and speed do you need?
To learn more about finding the right internet services for your business, please visit our Internet Services page.
Searching for the Right Fiber Provider? Our Trusted Advisors Can Help
Our team of senior advisors has experience working with numerous internet service providers in our partner network. Let us leverage our years of tech experience and expertise to help you figure out whether fiber internet would improve operations for your business. By letting us shop around for you, you'll gain access to our advisors' insights and analysis, in addition to saving time and money. Learn more about our free advisory services and process by visiting our Trusted Advisor Model page.
For more information about fiber internet services, connect with our team today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing email@example.com.
Contact us today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.Contact Stratosphere
Read about how our team helped a venture capital and private equity firm focused on building a portfolio of innovative organizations.Read Case Study