Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP)
The client is a telecommunications contractor with 800 end users and 19 locations.
The client required assistance with cybersecurity, as they had numerous compliance and audit-related requirements. They had multiple security and vulnerability gaps, and their toolset wasn't alerting properly. Due to their limited security services, they needed vision and direction concerning a comprehensive solution, and they wanted to do everything they could to avoid ransomware infections and breaches.
Stratosphere Networks Solution: Comprehensive Managed
Security Service Provider (MSSP) Offering
To improve the client's security posture and minimize their risk level, we deployed our full managed security service provider (MSSP) offering. This end-to-end cybersecurity solution includes best-in-class solutions and services to safeguard against new and evolving threats.
During the onboarding process, our team implemented these advanced security tools for up to 800 endpoints.
- Cyber hygiene solution
- Persistence hunting tool
- Vulnerability scanning solution
Network managed detection and response (MDR) with SIEM and cloud logging
Security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR)
- DNS protection solution
- Endpoint anti-virus tool/endpoint detection and response (EDR)
- Extended detection and response (XDR)
- Cloud backup solution for Microsoft 365
Additionally, we provide the following services to the client to help them achieve the highest possible level of IT security.
InfoSec program management
Virtual CISO (vCISO) advisory services
Incident response plan development and maintenance
InfoSec policy development and maintenance
Ongoing vulnerability management
Annual risk assessment
Remote monitoring and management agents
Security Operations Center (SOC) services
Full staff available 24/7 (as opposed to a 1-2 person team in house for the client)
Security solutions management
Cyber hygiene adjustments
End user onboarding and offboarding for security solutions
Partnering with an MSSP benefits the client in numerous ways. Here are some of the main advantages of our comprehensive cybersecurity solution.
- Access to a team of security analysts and expert insights from our CISO. Instead of hiring an in-house CISO, they can now rely on our services.
- Reduced in-house security staff
- Implementation of a toolset containing the latest and best security solutions selected by our security experts
Time and money saved
No more hiring costs for in-house security staff (or training, time off, vacation and sick days, and so on).
No need to research and vet security solutions, as we've taken care of that for them.
Reduced risk of dealing with breach-related costs, such as clean-up fees and financial losses from downtime and lower productivity
- Lower risk of experiencing a future data breach and all the associate fallout (e.g., reputation damage and regulatory penalties)
- Streamlined pricing structure for a comprehensive set of products and services compared to other MSSPs that sell components like vCISO and toolsets separately
Overall, with our MSSP offering, the client can rest assured that their IT environment is proactively protected against sophisticated cybersecurity threats. With our security team on their side leveraging advanced tools to detect and eliminate threats, their odds of experiencing a breach are much lower.