The client's on-premises phone system was out of date and didn't have the necessary functionality to support their remote and mobile workers.
Stratosphere Networks Solution
Our trusted advisors worked with the client to conduct a cost analysis and evaluate the amount they were paying for day-to-day maintenance, trunking and support for their multi-site phone system. We also analyzed the features they needed and how much they would need to spend to add those functionalities to their on-prem solution (e.g., the price of enabling licensing for mobile apps and smartphones).
Additionally, our advisors carried out cost analyses for several different cloud solutions and arranged demos for the client. After considering the much lower price tag for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), the company opted to migrate to the cloud instead of upgrading their traditional phone system.
Ultimately, our advisors helped the client identify a UCaaS provider that offered a similar experience to their on-prem system for on-site employees while also providing all the necessary capabilities to drive productivity for remote and mobile staff members. The UCaaS supplier also delivers an SD-WAN solution to ensure high-level voice quality at all of the client's sites.
Working with our advisors had considerable advantages for the client, including the following:
- Access to the latest market research data
- Objective and consultative analysis from our advisors considering a wide range of options, as opposed to biased direct sales pitches from reps focused on one brand
Insights from the Pathfinder tool, which is built on Salesforce and leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive informed IT decision-making with the following features:
Interactive quick assessments to evaluate solutions based on the client's needs
Dynamic comparison matrices including vital factors such as security, compliance and market share
Supplier battlecards that include not only strengths but also weaknesses/case studies/video briefings/white papers
Data center locator with virtual tours/real-time fiber locator
- Access to our home-grown ROI tools, which quickly determine the total cost of ownership and (in most instances) potential savings from the client's current total spend
- Connections to channel-only solutions from suppliers that the client couldn't have engaged with on their own due to the lack of direct sales teams
- Countless hours saved, as it would have taken the client weeks to assemble all of the data that our advisors produced in mere minutes with our advanced tools
- Access to our state-of-the-art demo lab in downtown Chicago.
- ZERO fees for all of the above. We don't charge for any of these advisory services, and supplier pricing is guaranteed to match or beat pricing from the supplier's direct sales rep.
For more information about our trusted advisor services, watch this brief video.
Leveraging our trusted advisor services to migrate from their on-prem phone system to a UCaaS platform was advantageous for the client in the following ways:
- Cost savings due to the elimination of spending on maintenance, support, trunking and upgrades for a multi-site on-prem phone system
- Enhanced mobile and remote work capabilities (which positioned the client for success during the pandemic)
- A single point of contact for voice quality as a result of identifying a UCaaS provider with an SD-WAN offering
Thanks to our advisors, the company now has a unified communications solution capable of accommodating end users working from any location – all for less than they would pay for an up-to-date on-prem phone system.