NSX SD-WAN solutions by VeloCloud (now part of VMware) helps branch WAN networking through automated deployment and optimized performance via broadband and LTE networks for the increasingly dispersed modern workforce.
NXS SD-WAN provides expanded bandwidth and optimal access to business and cloud applications and data - while also allowing businesses to utilize wired or wireless internet connections with or without the need for traditional MPLS.
What is SD-WAN?
SD-WAN (software-defined wide area network) is the application of software-defined networking (SDN) with WAN connections such as broadband, 4G, 5G, IP VPN, or MPLS - allowing business networks to stay connected over large geographical distances.
With this new approach to office networking, SD-WAN solutions can deliver increased network agility and bandwidth as well as drive cost reduction.
- Simplify branch network
- Offices with provision branch networks provider faster speeds with zero-touch deployment, simplified configuration and set-up, as well as on-going monitoring with integrated troubleshooting tools.
- Optimize application performance
- Business application performance can be optimized over hybrid and internet links with direct access to business and cloud apps.
- Deliver branch agility
- Enable multiple links, devices and services to operate together and make the branch agile.
- Reduce costs
- Reduce hardware-delivery and set-up costs by using deployment options like virtual-machine on a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) device or virtual machine on an existing x86-based router.
SD-WAN vs Traditional WAN
- Bandwidth is limited and expensive to improve on existing infrastructure.
- Datacenter dependent
- No direct access to cloud resources from the branch resulting in traffic being backhauled through the business datacenter, which can impact network performance.
- Unpredictable application performance
- Complex infrastructure
- SD-WAN optimizes branch network performance with its virtual WAN capabilities, cloud-optimized and simplified branch services.
SD-WAN vs Branch Routers
- Branch Routers
- Lack of brownout protection and link remediation
- Unscalable and inflexible
- Highly skilled technicians are required to maintain and service them
- Multi-source inbound quality of service (QoS)
- Branch Router → SD-WAN
- Improved routing functionality
- Better network security
- Easy management of network policies with a click in the NSX SD-WAN Orchestrator.
- Eliminate high-cost hardware expenses by transitioning to a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model.
Stratosphere Networks and SD-WAN Solutions
- With the help of Stratosphere's technological experts, clients can purchase SD-WAN solutions through two methodologies:
- Service provider SD-WAN
- SD-WAN solutions can be purchased through a service provider in which the provider pairs SD-WAN intelligence with a business's current internet connection.
- Service provider SD-WAN
Stratosphere Networks partners with major ISPs and IT vendors can give you an unbiased opinion on WAN and SD-WAN solutions that are best suited for your business and budget.
If you'd like to learn more and find the best networking solutions and tools for your business, don't hesitate to contact our expert team today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.