One business tool that’s been slow to keep up with technology is the business card. If you were to look around your office there’s a high probability you have an abundance of them. A problem starts to arise when we get too many, it becomes easy to lose an important card. Users of Microsoft Office 365 have a solution: they can use Outlook to store and create electronic business cards.
Here’s how to create and share an electronic business card:
Create an Electronic Business Card
- Open Outlook and select Contacts followed by Home. Click on New Contact.
- When the Contact window opens, press Business Card and the Edit Business Card window will open.
- You will be able to enter contact information into the relevant areas under the Fields box.
- If you want to add an image or change the layout of the business card, press the Layout button located in the right side of the screen.
- When you have entered the information, press Ok and the business card will be saved as a .vcf file which is readable by most email clients.
Add an Electronic Business Card to an Email
If you have saved a contact’s information as a business card, you can easily attach the card to an email.
- In a message select the Contacts pane and search for the business card you would like to attach. When you find it, click it.
- Select the Home tab, followed by Forward Contact. A drop-down menu will open, select As a Business Card.
- You will see the business card as an attachment in the email.
Add a Business Card as a Signature
You can add a business card to your signature in any email.
- When you create an email message click Signature and select Add signature.
- Select the signature you would like to use, if you have one. If not, press anywhere in the white space below Edit signature.
- Click Business Card beside the paragraph alignment buttons in the Edit signature field.
- Select the contact name you use and press Ok. Your contact information will show up at the bottom of the email as a downloadable .vcf file.
If you’re a user of Office 365 and would like to learn more, or would like more information on Office 365 or other products, please give us a call.