Data Management Security
Data breaches have become increasingly common, and organizations of all sizes and across all industries are at risk. Hackers get more dynamic and new types of malware appear on a daily basis, and threats like ransomware have caused millions in damages to businesses worldwide. Staying vigilant and safeguarding sensitive data from cyberattacks is more important than ever.The Devastating Consequences of Data Breaches
If your business gets hit with malware and becomes the victim of a data breach, the fallout could cause significant damage to your organization in a number of ways. If you're weighing the pros and cons of investing in IT security and secure data management solutions, here are a couple factors to consider.
- How not having access to important data could affect your business and clients
- The consequences of having trade secrets stolen and/or sensitive data compromised
- Whether you handle data that is classified as personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), or financial (i.e., PCI, GLBA, etc.), meaning a breach could have regulatory repercussions
- The cost per hour of not having access to crucial data in the form of stalled productivity. The average cost per minute of an unplanned data center outage exceeds $8,000, according to the Emerson Power Network and the Ponemon Institute.
- How long it will take your business to bounce back from a data breach/outage
- The impact experiencing a breach could have on your company's reputation and ability to retain and attract customers
A proactive approach to ensuring secure data management can greatly reduce your organization's risk of a data breach. There's a wide range of IT security solutions and strategies that you can use to safeguard sensitive information against unauthorized access, including the following:
- Spam filtering
- Content filtering
- DNS filtering
- Next-generation firewalls
- Establishing and regularly reviewing best security practices
- Employee awareness training
- And more
Particularly as more and more businesses adopt cloud-based solutions, implementing practices and tech tools that protect data from hackers, malware, and other security threats is crucial. At Stratosphere Networks, we make sure our clients' information is safeguarded against security threats. Our team's proactive approach will fend off hackers and malware and prevent malicious entities from accessing important data. To find out more about data management security, don't hesitate to contact us today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing email@example.com.