Cloud-based solutions have become extremely popular in the business world due to their scalability, flexibility, and numerous other advantages for companies looking to boost efficiency and improve performance. One of the most popular types of cloud-based solutions is Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). If you're considering purchasing and implementing an IaaS offering for your business, the following details can help you make an informed decision.What is IaaS?
IT infrastructure is equipment that's usually located in your data room or telecom closet. It can include routers, servers, switches, firewalls and data storage devices, among other types of tech. IaaS offerings involve the supplier delivering virtualized infrastructure like networking equipment and servers over the internet.
Businesses can use IaaS for various purposes, including (but not limited to) the following, according to Microsoft Azure:
- Data storage
- Analysis of big data
- Web application support
- Backup and disaster recovery systems
There are numerous advantages to implementing IaaS solutions, compared to traditional on-premise infrastructure. Here are a few key reasons why IaaS offerings appeal to organizations of all sizes:
- Cost containment: Instead of purchasing and maintaining your own hardware, you can pay for IaaS on-demand and only get charged for what you actually need and use.
- Scalability: It's easy to scale IaaS as your business grows and/or in line with changing IT requirements.
- Flexibility: With IaaS, you can access important infrastructure from anywhere and at any time, as long as you have an internet connection. This is especially advantageous for companies with a considerable number of mobile and/or remote workers.
- Less downtime: If disaster strikes your organization, your IaaS solution won't go down, since it's hosted off-site.
Gain the ability to efficiently scale your IaaS solution as your business expands with offerings from leading hyperscale computing providers. Our advisors can help you assess and implement products from the following hyperscalers:
- Google Cloud
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Our team of senior trusted advisors have extensive experience working with various kinds of cloud solutions – including IaaS offerings – from the various suppliers in our partner network. This allows them to offer an objective assessment of different cloud solutions and identify the ones that are the best fit for your organization's requirements and goals.
Save yourself the hassle of trying to vet IaaS vendors on your own: Our advisors can vet and demo multiple solutions for you and leverage their expertise to make the purchasing process quicker and easier for you. For more information, visit our Trusted Advisor Model page.
To learn more about IaaS solutions and other cloud-based products and services, connect with us today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing email@example.com.