It’s now officially October, a month that likely brings to mind Halloween, falling leaves, and pumpkins. However, this time of year isn’t just about colder weather and trick or treating. It’s also National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), an initiative launched by the National Cyber Security Alliance and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2004 to ensure all Americans have access to the resources they need to stay secure online.
This year, we’re observing the 15th annual NCSAM as an IT managed service provider and part of CompTIA, the non-profit trade association for the IT industry. This event reaches everyone from consumers to small and mid-sized businesses to large corporations. Being aware of the dangers of cybercrime, hacking, and data breaches is more important than ever. As of September 5, the Identity Theft Resource Center had identified 864 breaches – exposing more than 34 million records – in the U.S.
New IT security threats emerge on a daily basis, and hackers keep developing new tactics for gaining unauthorized access to sensitive information. As a result, it’s crucial to stay informed about cybersecurity risks and take proactive steps to safeguard your data. Here are five of our most popular blog entries/series about IT security to provide guidance as you seek to protect your business from cybercrime.
1. 12 Steps to Make Your IT Infrastructure More Secure. In this blog series, you’ll learn how to comprehensively secure your IT infrastructure against cyberattacks. We cover everything from performing a security audit to safeguarding mobile devices, and much more.
2. 8 Simple Questions to Start an IT Security Discussion. If you’re just beginning to develop a strategy to safeguard your data from IT security threats, you might not know where to start. This blog entry details eight essential inquiries to help get your organization on track.
3. 5 Common Security Mistakes That Can Cause a Data Breach. Learn about the top missteps that can lead to a costly data breach, from utilizing common, simple passwords to falling for phishing scams.
4. States Take on Cybersecurity: What it Means for Your Business in 2018. Find out why and how state governments have begun to step in to fight cybercrime. We go over frequently asked questions, such as whether some industries are more affected than others and which states have introduced and/or passed cybersecurity laws
5. 6 Simple IT Security No-Brainers for Any Business. Lay the foundation for a comprehensive security strategy with these quick and easy cybersecurity “no-brainers.” Completing these can significantly reduce your organization’s risk of a data breach.
If you’d like to learn more about cybersecurity solutions, services, and strategies, our team of expert techs can help. We work with a wide range of vendors and various solutions, so we can serve as your trusted advisor and offer an objective assessment of what would best meet your company’s specific needs. Contact us today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.