Cybersecurity Awareness Month (previously National Cybersecurity Awareness Month) is here again. Launched by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2004, this annual event encourages behaviors that promote safety and security online.
This year’s theme is “Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart,” according to the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). The CISA and NCSA encourage individuals and organizations alike to be accountable and take proactive steps to secure their portion of cyberspace, especially as more aspects of our lives (e.g., work and school) occur online.
If you’re looking for tips on how to be cyber smart, here are the most popular blog posts we’ve published in the past year that cover topics related to information security.
1. What Is XDR? Your Guide to Extended Detection and Response
Extended detection and response (XDR) streamlines the process of identifying, containing and eliminating increasingly sophisticated threats.
2. Secure Access Service Edge FAQ: The Benefits of SASE for Your Business
SASE combines SD-WAN functionality with cloud-native security features to simplify operations and facilitate secure access for remote and mobile end users.
3. Why Your Business Needs a Secure Remote Work Strategy to Survive
Having a secure remote work strategy has become essential for companies that want to attract top talent and stay relevant.
4. Security Assessments Serve as a Great Starting Point for Businesses Looking to Lower Risk Levels
If you want to lower your data breach risk level and don’t know where to start, a security assessment will offer insight into your vulnerabilities.
5. How to Enhance Security by Embracing BYOD
The new reality of remote work meant security teams had to rethink their endpoint protection strategies.
6. How Outsourcing Cybersecurity Can Contain Costs
Working with an external security service provider can reduce downtime and help you avoid expensive data breaches.
7. What to Do if You Take the Bait for a Phishing Scam
If a malicious message ends up in your inbox and you take the bait, here’s what you should do to minimize the damage.
8. SMBs Can’t Afford to Ignore Microsoft 365 Security
Businesses should supplement the built-in security features of the Microsoft 365 productivity suite (formerly Office 365) to achieve the lowest possible risk level.
9. The Ransomware Crisis: What SMBs Can Take Away From Recent Attacks on Big Businesses
Ransomware has been running rampant, and no one – regardless of size or industry – is safe.
10. Why Zero Trust Has Become the Go-To Framework in Today’s World of Hybrid Work
Zero-trust architecture has become increasingly popular with businesses seeking to maintain optimal levels of security while some or all of their staff members work remotely.
If you’d like to learn more about the best ways to prevent and combat evolving IT security threats, our security team would be happy to assist you. Just give us a call at 877-599-3999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.