In today's world of widespread remote work, you need an operating system that enables your team members to stay productive and connected with colleagues and clients no matter which location or device they're logging in from. Microsoft created Windows 11 specifically to drive efficiency and help end users get more done than ever before in a world of hybrid set-ups.
Following its planned release in late 2021, this new OS will offer a streamlined user experience (UX) along with novel capabilities that will make multi-tasking and collaborating easier than ever with Windows.
Key Windows 11 Benefits and Features
Upgrading to Windows 11 can benefit your business in numerous ways and help you lay the foundation for lasting success in the digital era. The OS gives end users access to the following capabilities and features that support productivity from anywhere.
- Snap Layouts and Snap Groups "snap" apps side-by-side on the screen streamline multitasking across different windows
- Ability to establish distinct Desktops (e.g., for work and school)
- Simplified user interface with the start button at the bottom center of the screen
- Start button that leverages cloud technology to display files recently worked on via any device
- Microsoft Teams integration in the taskbar for easy access
- An AI-powered personalized feed, Widgets, to keep you updated on important information
For IT teams, Windows 11 is also built on the same foundation as Windows 10 and integrates with familiar management tools such as Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Windows Update for Business. App Assure will also ensure application compatibility.
Windows 11 System Requirements
Microsoft will make Windows 11 available as a free upgrade for Windows PCs that meet the following system requirements.
- 4 gigabyte (GB) RAM
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2+ cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip
- 64GB or larger storage device
- High-definition (720 pixels) with 8 bits per color channel and bigger than 9 inches diagonally
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- UEFI and Secure Boot capable system firmware
For machines already running Windows 10, Microsoft recommends utilizing the PC Health Check app to see if your PCs can support Windows 11.
Plan Your Upgrade to Windows 11 and Get the Most Out of Your Microsoft Investment
Our technology advisors have extensive experience working with Microsoft products, including Windows and the Microsoft 365 productivity suite. We can assist you in upgrading to Windows 11 once Microsoft releases the OS.
As a Microsoft Partner, Stratosphere Networks can help you weigh your options, assess your licensing and overall ensure you're getting as much as possible out of your IT solutions. For details, just give us a call at 877-599-3999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.