In recent years, new technology such as mobile devices, the Internet of Things (IoT), virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and more has transformed both our personal and professional lives. In order to remain competitive, businesses must stay on top of IT and ensure they’re using up-to-date technology to drive collaboration, operate efficiently, and deliver the best possible services and/or products to their clients.
Digital transformation is now a matter of “when” rather than “if,” according to a 2018 Connectivity Benchmark Report from the software company MuleSoft. The report found that 74% of IT decision makers surveyed reported that they were currently implementing digital transformation initiatives, and an additional 23% said they planned to do so within the next three years.
Many businesses looking to thrive in the era of the digital workforce have turned to Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) to optimize operations. In this guide to Microsoft 365, we’ll cover the essential elements of the suite and examine how each can give your business a boost and help you achieve your objectives in a fast-paced digital world.
Our expert team works with a wide range of IT solutions and vendors, and we’ve found that Microsoft 365 offers our clients a number of benefits and advantages. Here are just six of the reasons why companies rely on Microsoft 365.
1. It encourages creativity. Creativity in the workplace is essential for success, and the Microsoft 365 suite helps inspire people in numerous ways. For example, PowerPoint Designer and Morph let users produce artful slides, and they can use Word Editor to create clear and concise written content.
2. Users can connect and collaborate across various platforms and devices. With Office Online and mobile applications, you can access Microsoft 365 anywhere and anytime you need it. Remote workers and those on the go can stay productive because of the solution’s flexibility and mobility.
3. It facilitates teamwork. Most businesses rely heavily on teamwork to accomplish their goals. Microsoft 365 makes connecting with other members of your team easy with features like Exchange (email and calendar), SharePoint (connection to people, apps, and content), Skype and Microsoft Teams (chat, calls, and meetings).
4. It simplifies operations with integration. The modern digital workplace commonly includes a range of devices, apps, and platforms. Microsoft 365 makes managing all of that simpler with broad support for PC, Mac, iOS, and Android. It allows for comprehensive management of your workforce, the integration of legacy apps, creation of customized apps, and more.
5. It has intelligent security features. IT security is currently a pressing concern for businesses of all sizes and across all industries as data breaches have become commonplace and cybersecurity threats continue to evolve. Microsoft 365 offers cutting edge security capabilities including identity and access management, threat protection, information protection, and security management.
6. Power BI offers advanced analytics. Microsoft 365 comes with business analytics tools that draw on hundreds of data sources and allow users to create personalized dashboards and gain valuable insight into operations. With Power BI, you can put together data visualizations and reports quickly and relatively easily.
Additionally, the platform’s analytical capabilities help promote collaboration. Office Delve lets users find documents/information relevant to them based on their activity.
Keep an eye out for the next entry in our Tech Tips series on Microsoft 365 to learn about the content creation platforms and capabilities the suite offers. In the meantime, if you’d like to learn more about this IT solution, don’t hesitate to contact our expert team by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.