With new cybersecurity threats emerging on a daily basis, it's crucial for businesses of all sizes and in all industries to take steps to protect sensitive data from hackers and malware. The consequences of a data breach can significantly hurt your organization, particularly if you handle protected health information (PHI), personally identifiable information (PII), or financial data (PCI, GLBA, etc.).
The fallout from a data breach can include not only lost revenue and dampened productivity but also reputation damage and regulatory penalties. Customers could lose trust in your company and take their business elsewhere, and your organization could end up facing steep clean up and recovery costs if you pay an outsourced IT firm to restore everything.
If you wait to act until after a malicious entity has already gained access to your organization's network and caused enough damage for end users to notice, you're already too late to avoid the potentially disastrous consequences of a breach. A proactive approach to security is essential if you're looking to minimize and ideally entirely prevent damage.
Preventive strategies and solutions like employee awareness training, regular security audits, and spam filtering are key to comprehensive IT security. However, keen cybersecurity threat detection capabilities are also essential in case hackers and malware manage to slip past your defenses. The sooner your organization can detect the presence of malware, the sooner you can act to contain and eliminate it to minimize the amount of damage it causes.
Here are just some of the solutions and services that can detect intruders and stop them from causing significant damage to your business.
- Anti-virus. Up-to-date anti-virus software is an essential building block of any comprehensive IT security strategy. These solutions scan files or a computer's memory for patterns that could reveal the presence of malware. Since hackers keep coming up with new versions of malware, it's important to keep anti-virus software updated to ensure it has the latest definitions and can neutralize new threats.
- Next-gen firewall. A next-generation firewall can not only stop security threats before they infiltrate your network but also leverage advanced malware analytics and real-time threat intelligence to ensure quick detection, response, and remediation.
- Application, network, and database monitoring. With proactive 24/7 monitoring, a managed service provider can identify and remedy any IT issues before they have a significant impact on your company. Outsourcing this task to an MSP will ensure someone keeps an eye out for possible intruders and can respond quickly at all hours. Our advisors can connect you with leading MSPs in our partner network.
- Extended Detection and Response (XDR). This involves a holistic approach to aggregating data from multiple sources throughout the network and application layers of your organization's infrastructure, overall delivering a curated view via a single pane of glass. Key elements can include next-gen SIEM, network managed detection, and endpoint managed detection.
- Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS). 24/7/265 SOCaaS ensures you have "eyes on the glass" at all times watching for IT security threats.
Considering the potentially devastating consequences of a data breach, it makes sense to invest in IT security threat detection. Visit our comprehensive managed cybersecurity services page or contact our security team to learn more about our offerings and how we can help you minimize your risk level.