With the beginning of winter only weeks away, many businesses in the Chicago area are bracing themselves for the productivity killing effects of cold weather like flu season and snowstorms that make getting to the office hazardous.
However, there’s a way to keep these winter-related annoyances from slowing your company down: Let your employees work from home. Giving your workers the option to work remotely means that they don’t have to stress out about commuting if there’s a blizzard or if they’re feeling a bit under the weather. In turn, happier employees are often more productive, which benefits the business overall.
Additionally, there are a number of tools and technologies available that make remote work easy, such as high-definition videoconferencing, cloud virtualization, and VPN phones. With these solutions, employees can accomplish everything they need to do from the comfort of their own homes without having to worry about access the files they need, being able to make and take important calls, and participating in meetings.
Before you give your employees the option to work from home, though, it’s important to craft a solid remote work access strategy. Here are some tips for establishing an effective policy.
1. Understand your remote access needs. Will your employees only work from home sometimes, or will you have staff members telecommuting on a regular basis?
2. Make sure you know where your applications live and die. You should also understand the future of your line of business applications.
3. Break down the departments in your company in terms of what they need to do and what they need access to in order to accomplish it.
4. Ensure you understand your projected business growth needs.
5. Consider and note the types of files that remote workers will need to access.
6. Think about performance issues that could reduce efficiency for remote workers and how you can overcome these obstacles.
7. Consider the kind of Internet connectivity your business can access.
Overall, a solid remote work access policy is essential for businesses looking to boost productivity and give employees more flexibility with the ability to work from home. If you’d like to learn more about remote work solutions, our expert team at Stratosphere Networks can answer any questions you might have. We provide high-quality Chicago IT support, as well as comprehensive tech services and solutions for businesses across the country. Feel free to contact us today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.