Are you getting enough fiber – not in terms of your diet but concerning your company’s internet? As businesses have adopted advanced technologies like the cloud as part of digital transformation efforts, high-speed internet has become vital for survival and success.
Fiber optic internet has emerged as an ideal option for organizations seeking higher speeds, greater bandwidth and increased scalability to support cloud services, video conferencing, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and other solutions that have become essential in our work-from-anywhere era. Fiber is increasing in popularity and prevalence: In 2021, the global fiber optic internet market size reached $8 billion and was expected to grow at a CAGR of 7 percent from 2022 to 2030, according to a press release from Panorama Data Insights.
If you’re considering fiber connectivity for your company, you’ll want to conduct thorough research to ensure you make a well-informed decision and select a supplier that meets your organization’s unique needs. Here are some key factors to investigate, based on reviews from ZDNet, Reviews.org, and CNET.
- Speed: While fiber connectivity generally offers high speed internet, the exact range varies depending on the provider.
- Price: Consider each fiber internet provider’s pricing and whether it fits your budget.
- Coverage areas: Check whether the provider has fiber in your region. Some fiber internet suppliers only offer service in certain states.
- Customer satisfaction scores: Consider whether the provider’s current clients are happy with their services or if they have common complaints. Specific metrics to look up include the supplier’s American Customer Satisfaction Index (ASCI) score and J.D. Power overall customer service satisfaction score.
- Data limit/cap: Some fiber connectivity providers don’t have data limits; others do have caps. Be sure to check before entering a contract.
- Wi-Fi hotspot access: If this feature is important for your company, you’ll want to ask about it since not all fiber providers offer it.
Evaluating all your options based on these criteria can be challenging and time-consuming. If you’d like to streamline shopping for the best fiber internet provider for your business, our trusted advisors can leverage their experience with fiber solutions and an advanced fiber locator tool to identify the ideal choice for your company. Please visit our fiber internet advisory services page for details.
You can also reach out to schedule a consultation with our advisors. Start shopping for a fiber internet provider today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing email@example.com.