In recent years, cloud-based services and solutions have become increasingly popular in the business world. One type of cloud solution in particular that has attracted the attention of organizations looking to operate more efficiently and get a leg up on the competition is Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), a type of Software as a Service (SaaS) offering.
In a nutshell, UCaaS offers cloud-based communication capabilities for all devices and across multiple channels (such as video conferencing, web chat, text messaging, and more), according to RingCentral, a leading UCaaS solution provider.
The global UCaaS market is currently growing at a tremendous rate and is expected to reach $79.3 billion in value by the end of 2024, compared to $8.23 billion in 2015, according to Transparency Market Research. In the business world, the demand for UCaaS solutions is on the rise due to the many advantages these platforms offer to companies of all sizes.
These are just a few of the biggest business advantages of UCaaS platforms.
1. Lower costs. Because UCaaS solutions are delivered via the cloud, your company doesn’t have to worry about buying and maintaining any on-premise hardware. This means no upfront capital spending on communication and collaboration solutions, according to RingCentral. Additionally, your UCaaS provider can carry out any necessary upgrades and updates automatically.
2. Higher productivity and greater mobility. Because UCaaS allows for communication using various channels and from mobile devices as well as desktop, your team members don’t have to be at their desks to connect with colleagues and clients. This is notably beneficial in the era of an increasingly mobile workforce.
With UCaaS solutions, employees can use their tablets, smartphones and other devices to get work done on the go. They can even participate in meetings from anywhere, thanks to videoconferencing capabilities.
4. Better customer experience (CX). Customers these days expect your company to connect with them how and when they want, whether it’s by email, text message, web chat or another channel of communication. UCaaS platforms allow you to connect with clients via their channel of choice and meet their needs and resolve their issues quickly and effectively. As businesses increasingly compete based mainly on customer experience, comprehensive and flexible communication and collaboration capabilities have become vital to success.
5. More flexibility and scalability. You can scale a cloud-based solution and add or remove resources easily, according to the Huffington Post article “6 Key Business Benefits of UCaaS Show Why Businesses Need it Now.” This is especially advantageous for growing businesses or companies with significant seasonal shifts in demand.
6. Increased security. You can find UCaaS providers that offer advanced IT security features, such as HIPAA compliance and data encryption, according to RingCentral. Ensuring the security of your customers’ data is crucial in an era of rampant cybercrime, and the right cloud vendor can make it easy for your organization to achieve compliance and safeguard your communications tools.
Ultimately, effective communication is essential for any business looking to achieve success. The right UCaaS solution can transform your relationships with customers and your team members’ ability to collaborate with each other.
If you’d like to learn more about UCaaS options and find a cloud vendor that meets your specific business needs, our team of expert cloud consultants can assist you. We work with various UCaaS providers and can serve as your trusted advisor as you seek the cloud solution that’s the best fit for your organization. Contact us today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.