In the tech world, new trends and tools emerge constantly. Although these non-stop new developments make the field interesting, it can also be hard to keep up with evolving technologies and decide how to integrate them into your organization’s long-term IT strategy.
If you’re wondering which trending technologies to keep an eye on as potential boons for your business, CompTIA’s Emerging Technology Community’s Top 10 list is one helpful resource. The 2019 version of the list includes various solutions “that have near-term business and financial opportunity for the IT channel and those working in the business of technology,” including the Internet of Things, AI, 5G and more.
We’ve also covered some of these emerging technologies in previous Tech Tips blog entries, in addition to other trending solutions that we feel our clients should know about. If you’re looking to read up on new and advanced technology to watch, here are five hot topics that we’ve spotlighted that should be on your radar. Please keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list.
1. The Internet of Things (IoT). The IoT has become increasingly prevalent in recent years, as more and more objects get connected to the internet. This emerging technology means businesses have more data to work with to improve their sales and marketing efforts, according to CompTIA. However, it also means new points of vulnerability from an IT security perspective.
2. 5G networks. The fifth generation of cellular networking technology promises to bring lower latency and faster speeds this year. This could help businesses (especially small and midsized ones) in various ways, from increased productivity to expanded remote working capabilities.
3. Wi-Fi 6. To succeed in the business world today, a reliable and secure Wi-Fi network is essential. Wi-Fi 6 – which was introduced by the Wi-Fi Alliance last year but isn’t that widespread yet – offers greater speed, more network capacity, more throughput, and many other advantages.
4. 10G networks. This new technology will boost cable internet speeds up to 10 gigabits per second. 10G networks will allow organizations to achieve greater efficiency and productivity, in addition to reducing network congestion.
5. Blockchain. Bitcoin and other types of cryptocurrency have gained popularity recently, leading companies like Salesforce and AWS to develop blockchain products. Blockchain is essentially a decentralized historical record of transactions.
If you’d like to learn more about the latest tech developments and how they can potentially benefit your business, don’t hesitate to contact our team of expert techs. We work with various IT solutions from a wide range of vendors in our partner network and can help you determine which offerings best fit your unique needs. Connect with us today by emailing email@example.com or calling 877-599-3999.