As cloud-based solutions have become increasingly popular in the business world, we’ve seen the rise of Everything as a Service (XaaS). Vendors now offer all kinds of products – from disaster recovery to security solutions to infrastructure – as services delivered via the cloud. Platform as a Service (PaaS) is one of the offerings that’s emerged as part of the XaaS trend.
The PaaS market is expanding rapidly, with more than 360 vendors delivering upwards of 550 cloud platform services, according to Gartner. By 2022, Gartner also projects that the PaaS market will be twice the size it was in 2018.
If you’re a business leader wondering what exactly PaaS is and whether it might be a good fit for your organization, here are some essential details you should consider.
What is Platform as a Service?
Gartner defines PaaS as “a broad collection of application infrastructure (middleware) services (including application platform, integration, business process management and database services).”
At Stratosphere Networks, we offer a PaaS solution specifically created for in-house IT teams (particularly at midsize companies) that don’t have access to certain tools. Our platform can help them get more done faster with features like automation.
Stratosphere’s PaaS solution can tackle the following:
- IT process development services
- Automating mundane tasks
- Infrastructure monitoring and management
- Patching and updating IT infrastructure
- Ticketing via a customized web portal
- On-boarding and off-boarding of clients and employees
How can PaaS benefit my business?
Stratosphere’s PaaS solution comes with numerous advantages for businesses looking to give their in-house IT teams a boost. Here are just a few of the main benefits you can expect from leveraging PaaS.
1. Less time spent on time-consuming routine tasks. Stratosphere Automate – part of our PaaS solution – can take over mundane functions like these:
- Web monitoring
- Software management
- Software compliance
- And more!
It can also perform software installation, upgrades and updates across multiple machines at once. This allows your IT team to save time and focus more on bigger strategic projects.
2. Faster resolution of IT issues. With Stratosphere Control (another component of our PaaS offering), you can remotely control devices to resolve end users’ issues. You can access the users’ machines securely from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection.
3. More efficient operations with better business management. Stratosphere Manage, which is part of our PaaS solution along with Automate and Control, optimizes workflows and allows for advanced ticketing and asset management. It also allows you to establish your own knowledge base of important info for reference.
If you’d like to learn more about our PaaS offering and what it could potentially do for your business, contact us today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing email@example.com. With this solution, your internal IT staff can reach new heights of achievement.