In a world where many office workers now do their jobs from home, staying connected with colleagues and replicating the collaborative experience of face-to-face meetings isn’t necessarily easy. The Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications has emerged as a cost-effective and highly accessible option for companies looking to empower remote workers and give their staff members the tools they need to stay productive no matter where they’re logging in from.
The Office 365 suite offers numerous intuitive apps that meet a wide range of modern business needs, from the Unified Communications features Teams offers to the ability to store, share and access files from any location or device via OneDrive. We’ve covered these apps and others in-depth in our Office 365 Spotlight series, if you’re interested in learning more.
However, the advantages of leveraging Office 365 extend beyond the suite’s standard tools and features. You can further enhance productivity and gain even more useful abilities via add-ins (also called add-ons). You can find and install them via Microsoft AppSource or through the menu in individual apps (for example, in Outlook, you can navigate to Home and then “Get Add-ins”).
Here are a few standout Office 365 add-ins you might want to consider implementing to make your workday easier and get things done more efficiently:
1. DocuSign. This app makes it easy to electronically sign and return documents, which can be a significant time saver (particularly in the era of social distancing). It integrates with various Microsoft apps, including Word, Outlook and SharePoint Online, among others.
2. FindTime. How much time do you currently spend scrutinizing people’s calendars and trying to find free slots for meetings and calls? This add-in for Outlook streamlines that process by showing what days and times work best for everyone, allowing the organizer to propose multiple options and allowing the attendees to vote on which time works best. Once everyone reaches a consensus on the optimal time for the meeting, FindTime sends out an invite to everyone on behalf of the organizer.
3. Grammarly. If you want extra assurance that important documents and emails don’t contain any typos or grammatical errors, this add-in for Outlook and Word reviews your writing for spelling, grammar, clarity, tone and more. It goes beyond standard spellcheck capabilities to ensure your content turns out as polished as possible.
4. Translator. If you need to translate documents or emails into another language, this add-in is available as a convenient way to do so without leaving Word or Outlook. You can either use it to read documents and messages or leverage it to actively edit them, inserting translations with a single click. The add-in also gives you the option to edit translations before implementing them.
5. Pickit. Streamline the process of finding the right images for documents and presentations with this add-in. You can install it in OneNote, PowerPoint, or Word and use it to access a library of your organization’s assets. Pickit also lets you insert photos, icons and clipart from a public image library of 100 percent compliant and legal images.
These are only some of the add-ins you can implement to streamline your workday. If you’d like to learn more about Office 365, the add-ins available for the suite and how these solutions can help you boost efficiency and productivity, our team would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have. Just call 877-599-3999 or email email@example.com.