Both email and social media are huge parts of most people’s lives today, both in and out of the office. White collar workers in the U.S. report that email is their preferred way to communicate in the office, and they spend an average of 5.4 hours each weekday checking their email, according to Adobe Systems.
Meanwhile, most U.S. adults use Facebook and YouTube, and sizable portions also use Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms. Given that email and social media have become popular ways for people to connect, it makes sense to make these modes of communication available in the workplace. And that’s exactly what Microsoft Office 365 has done with Outlook and Yammer.
Before we dive into the details of these applications, you might want to review the first two entries in our guide to Office 365:
Once you’re all caught up, here’s an overview of how Outlook and Yammer work and the advantages they offer in an office environment.
This application allows you to manage your email, calendar, and contacts in one place. Microsoft Outlook enhances your ability to connect and collaborate with your coworkers in a number of ways, including the following:
- Stay in contact on the go with Outlook for your iPad, iPhone, and/or Android tablet and phone.
- Manage your calendar and view others’ calendars, share your availability, schedule meetings, and receive reminders for appointments.
- Share Office attachments from the cloud and/or your computer.
- Create groups so that you can easily send messages to and share files with certain departments/colleagues.
This Office 365 application can help your business boost employee engagement with its advanced communication features. Here’s just some of what you can do with Yammer:
- Build communities for users based on shared interests or projects.
- Crowdsource ideas and feedback across your organization.
- Create, edit, and share content without leaving the app.
- Protect all of the info you share with enterprise-level security.
Overall, with both of these applications, your team will gain the ability to communicate and collaborate more effectively. Keep an eye out for the next entry in our guide to Office 365 to learn about even more business benefits this solution offers. And if you have any questions about this or any other IT solutions, feel free to contact our team of tech experts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 877-599-3999.