Ensuring team members can communicate with each other easily, clearly and effectively is crucial for any business looking to achieve success and operate as smoothly as possible. However, coworkers aren’t always located in the same physical space. How can you stay in touch, ask important questions, and hold meetings when some of your colleagues are on the go or working remotely? One option is to leverage solutions like Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business from Microsoft Office 365.
Before we get into the details of how these apps can benefit your business, you might want to review the previous entries in our guide to Office 365, which cover the digital workforce/why companies rely on Office 365, key content creation applications, Outlook, Yammer, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
If you’re up to speed on what we’ve already covered, let’s go over the advantages of leveraging Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business.
Take teamwork to a new level with this app that keeps coworkers connected, even if they’re in different locations. Here are just some of the features it offers:
- Chat capabilities including private chats, group chats, file sharing, and the option to co-author content.
- Online meeting options, including team meetings, live streaming, and conference calls for desktop, mobile, or Skype Room Systems.
- Phone system and calling plans that allow users to make and receive calls via phone, mobile, PC, and Mac.
- Cross-device communication with the Microsoft partner ecosystem.
- Integration with other Office 365 apps.
- Enterprise level end-to-end security and compliance.
Skype for Business
This app (which integrates with Microsoft Teams) lets your team work together like they’re all in the same place, even if they’re all in different locations. Some of its key capabilities include the following:
- Online meeting capabilities, including dialing into conference calls and live streaming meetings.
- Ability to make, receive, and transfer calls via phone, mobile, Mac, or PC. Simplify the management of your phone system by moving away from costly phone hardware.
- Comprehensive security, compliance, and control enabled by the scalability and manageability of the Office 365 suite.
- Enhanced server deployment powered by the Microsoft Cloud.
Ultimately, with Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business, your team can collaborate and communicate more efficiently than ever. If you’d like to learn more about Microsoft Office 365 and/or any other IT solutions, our expert team can answer any questions you might have. Contact us today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.