Ensuring team members can communicate with each other easily, clearly and effectively is crucial for any business looking to achieve success and operate as smoothly as possible. However, coworkers aren’t always located in the same physical space. How can you stay in touch, ask important questions, and hold meetings when some of your colleagues are on the go or working remotely? One option is to leverage solutions like Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business from Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365). Note: Teams is now the main unified communications platform for the Microsoft 365 suite.
Before we get into the details of how these apps can benefit your business, you might want to review the previous entries in our guide to Microsoft 365, which cover the digital workforce/why companies rely on Microsoft 365, key content creation applications, Outlook, Yammer, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
1. 6 Reasons Why Businesses Turn to Microsoft 365
2. 4 Key Content Creation Applications
3. Connect With Colleagues With Outlook and Yammer
4. Securely Share and Collaborate With OneDrive, SharePoint
If you’re up to speed on what we’ve already covered, let’s go over the advantages of leveraging Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business.
Take teamwork to a new level with this app that keeps coworkers connected, even if they’re in different locations. Here are just some of the features it offers:
- Chat capabilities including private chats, group chats, file sharing, and the option to co-author content.
- Online meeting options, including team meetings, live streaming, and conference calls for desktop, mobile, or Skype Room Systems.
- Phone system and calling plans that allow users to make and receive calls via phone, mobile, PC, and Mac.
- Cross-device communication with the Microsoft partner ecosystem.
- Integration with other Microsoft 365 apps.
- Enterprise level end-to-end security and compliance.
Skype for Business
This app (which integrates with Microsoft Teams) lets your team work together like they’re all in the same place, even if they’re all in different locations. Some of its key capabilities include the following:
- Online meeting capabilities, including dialing into conference calls and live streaming meetings.
- Ability to make, receive, and transfer calls via phone, mobile, Mac, or PC. Simplify the management of your phone system by moving away from costly phone hardware.
- Comprehensive security, compliance, and control enabled by the scalability and manageability of the Microsoft 365 suite.
- Enhanced server deployment powered by the Microsoft Cloud.
Ultimately, with Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business, your team can collaborate and communicate more efficiently than ever. If you’d like to learn more about Microsoft 365 and/or any other IT solutions, our expert team can answer any questions you might have. Contact us today by calling 877-599-3999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.